Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Laundry Room Love

If you own a house in Toronto, chances are it was built in the time of buggies and horse drawn carriages like ours. Which also means that, since it's erection (I just wrote "erection"), at least a handful of different generations have lived there before you. Actually, it's kind of creepy thinking about that...

I digress.

Point is, over those years, all those who lived there before you had some say in the design/reconstruction/renovation of your humble abode. Some of those people actualy KNEW what they were doing when they tore down walls (true story). While others were probably just exercising their right as a homeowner to do things like hang a random chandelier in the linen closet (another true story).

But one room seems to have stood the test of time, not just in our house but in many other that I have snooped in (I mean, "visit").

The Laundry room.

When I was a kid, the laundry room was the last place I wanted to be because it ultimately meant that I had to do said laundry instead of something fun like rolling around in the backyard and telling my mom I was "busy." The room itself was nice enough, kinda creepy 'cause it was in the basement, and it definitely wasn't a point of interest for anyone in the family. So when we bought our house, I still had the same feelings about our laundry room and used for it's sole purpose.

And then...Pinterest happened. And suddenly all I was seeing were photos of beautifully styled / super functional laundry rooms. And I thought to myself "Damn, who woulda thunk?"

(Already) Long story short, I decided to jazz up ours with some fun art. Since I wasn't willing to pay (much) for it, I did the next best thing: made my own art using parts of art I found online. Some would call that creative plagiarism. I call it, graphic designing.

With the help of Google, I found a t-shirt image and a "cartoon in love" face and photoshopped them together.

I also used this as inspiration:

To make this:

The quote is by Khalil Gibran, which I also found after some Googling. It's pretty deep for Laundry Room standards, I know, but I thought it was pretty cute paired with my two ogling t-shirts. And come on. "Hour of separation"! Get it? Get it? Got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!